It is currently Jan 19th, '18, 08:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Identity that fall in the hands of buyers!!!
PostPosted: Sep 12th, '11, 17:30 

I have a friend that has lost everything in her storage unit to sale. this unit had her PC with all her bank info on the hard drive, also sss# on personal papers and we can go on.
Now I have no problem with her loosing it as she couldnt keep up, but I have a problem with total strangers getting her personal info. Has anyone thought of this???
No,, all you people think about is lining your pockets of the less fortunate and it sickens me!!!
I am looking into this and will write to as many people i think that might have influence to get some things changed. We are going throught hard time in this economy.. at leaset protect the personal stuff!!!
I just cant beleive our country lets this happen when we have so much identity theft, are you kidding me!!

Anyways I need to get this out to as many medias as possible.

Post subject: Re: Identity that fall in the hands of buyers!!!
PostPosted: Oct 25th, '11, 23:24 

Are you saying you have no trouble with her losing the unit, because she could not make payment on it? It sounds as though your friend should have removed her important belongings before the unit was auctioned.

If someone fails to make payment for an extended period of time, the storage business needs to recoup lost fees and make the space available for lease again. They can't function as a business if they do not address those two issues.