It is currently Jan 21st, '18, 00:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Have you seen an increase in new buyers lately?
PostPosted: Feb 18th, '11, 11:24 

In the greater Houston area, I have seen a ton of new buyers since the new storage auction shows premiered. Auctions that used to have 20-30 people attending now have 75-100 or more. I went to one in January that had over 175 people there. The prices for units in our area have doubled if not tripled in cost. It almost seems like the new buyers are imitating the shows by running units up & recklessly throwing their cash around trying to prove a point.

Have you noticed a major change in your area since the storage shows have premiered?

Post subject: Re: Have you seen an increase in new buyers lately?
PostPosted: Mar 12th, '11, 02:28 

While the storage auction tv shows were in full-swing I was seeing huge crowds all week long. Where 20 used to be a crowd, I was now seeing 70-100. Now that the seasons are done I'm seeing the crowds come down some again. I went to an auction today that would have recently had 50-100 people in attendance...we only had 30 this time (thankfully).

PostPosted: Apr 27th, '11, 20:13 

I recently went to an auction in Killeen, TX. which is over 180 miles from Houston. There were only 10 or so bidders there but these idiots were paying triple what the units were worth. There were 10 bidders and 10 units. If everyone was just conservative on their bids, everyone could have bought a unit that day and made a profit. Instead, everyone that bought a unit over payed and most likely lost money.

PostPosted: Apr 28th, '11, 10:49 

tclane wrote:
I recently went to an auction in Killeen, TX. which is over 180 miles from Houston. There were only 10 or so bidders there but these idiots were paying triple what the units were worth. There were 10 bidders and 10 units. If everyone was just conservative on their bids, everyone could have bought a unit that day and made a profit. Instead, everyone that bought a unit over payed and most likely lost money.

On the other hand, I hear things are just peachy in the Memphis, TN area ! :roll:

PostPosted: Apr 29th, '11, 10:24 

Like I said to Mr. A ...they must not have cable television there. Perhaps the airwaves are dominated by country music ...oops, that's Nashville.