It is currently Jan 20th, '18, 04:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My first firearm...
PostPosted: Jan 20th, '11, 14:05 

Well, I didn't actually purchase the unit, however, I was at an auction a few days ago and there was a rifle clearly visible once the door was raised. This is the first time I've seen a firearm in a unit...was tempting, but the gun didn't appear to be in good shape and the rest of the stuff in the unit looked like trash. I think the unit went for around $300...crazy prices.

Post subject: Re: My first firearm...
PostPosted: Jan 26th, '11, 14:20 

I've been doing auctions for 7 years and have found about 6 guns in that time.
Most recently found a long rifle cloth case at back of a locker (common to stick guns back where they aren't accessible by anyone who SHOULDN'T be in there). It turned out to be a Ruger (the common one that sells at about $200 retail).

Stopped at that point and closed the door. Thinking about it later I thought I should have looked a bit further. The next day I went back in and looked in a box below the level where the rifle was the day before. Up popped a nice gray Ruger handgun box. It was a 9mm P85.

Not the first pistol I've found, but the first 9mm. Keeping it for now and it shoots great !

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '11, 03:03 

Wow...nice find! I have yet to come across guns in any units I've acquired, however, I know many folks who have. One of these days...

PostPosted: Feb 18th, '11, 11:02 

I have come across guns a few times as well, most of them have been in pretty bad condition because, ironically, all of the units that contained these guns were non climate controlled. Most of them had a lot of corrosion. I even came across a sawed off shotgun, but because they are illegal, I had to dispose of it. By law, I believe that you have to report any firearms that you find to the ATF. I am not telling you what to do, but, If that weapon is found to have been used in a crime, it will be confiscated and you will lose out.

PostPosted: Mar 12th, '11, 02:26 

I plan to run anything I find through the Virginia State Police...hopefully I'll have to do that one day!