It is currently Jan 21st, '18, 00:33

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where can I find storage auction?
PostPosted: Nov 16th, '10, 00:11 

I'm in Maryland and am looking to go to a couple auctions every week. Do you have any info on auctions I can visit?

Post subject: Re: Where can I find storage auction?
PostPosted: Nov 22nd, '10, 02:33 

Hi Ally, sorry it's taken me awhile to respond. If you're in Maryland you should find several auctioneers who specialize in storage liens on AuctionZip.com.

PostPosted: Dec 1st, '10, 11:49 

Thanks! I attended my first auction just over a week ago. It was a lot of fun! I am thinking about going once or twice a week to supplement income from my part-time job. I'm still a little scared to bid, but going is still fun!

PostPosted: Jan 2nd, '11, 13:40 

I've used the Auction Zip web site, however, I'm not finding all the auctions in my area that way. Many are listed only in the newspapers here and you have to dig around for them.

PostPosted: Jan 26th, '11, 14:27 

JLC wrote:
I've used the Auction Zip web site, however, I'm not finding all the auctions in my area that way. Many are listed only in the newspapers here and you have to dig around for them.

Yep, as in many endeavors, there is not ONE answer.

The legal notices are perhaps the most accurate source, but as you say does take some effort. There are several organizations (most regional) that publish lists of sales. Most of those charge and annual fee for an auction list they send you via email.

Also, some storage places don't have actual auctions. If you manage to connect with them, they are usually cherry picking them themselves and selling off the leftovers to buyers...but who would want the leftovers ?

PostPosted: Jan 29th, '11, 03:04 

Movieman wrote:
JLC wrote:

Yep, as in many endeavors, there is not ONE answer.

The legal notices are perhaps the most accurate source, but as you say does take some effort. There are several organizations (most regional) that publish lists of sales. Most of those charge and annual fee for an auction list they send you via email.

Also, some storage places don't have actual auctions. If you manage to connect with them, they are usually cherry picking them themselves and selling off the leftovers to buyers...but who would want the leftovers ?

Yeh, in some states that could get the storage facility operators into hot water for sure...

PostPosted: Feb 9th, '11, 13:18 

As others have already mentioned there are websites that list storage auctions by region. Basically these companies spend the hours you don't have to spare researching auction times and dates and post that information online for a nominal fee. My favorite is http://www.storageunitauctionlist.com. I own a small thrift shop in Santa Cruz and I bought the California list. It made my life so much easier. Hope this helps in your auction endeavors!

Amelia Blankenship
Santa Cruz, CA
amelia.blankenship@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Feb 9th, '11, 13:39 

I found this one site, had to pay like 5 bucks a month but got a list in florida of auctions going on and the list was as long as my arm, they apparently have list for every state but it worked for me at least, storageunitauctionlist.com, the price is worth it after you go to your first auction :!:

PostPosted: Feb 18th, '11, 09:38 

There are several sources for storage auction information. These sources include newspapers (Large, local & business), websites for the newspapers, storage auction websites (National & Local) and the auctioneer's personal websites.

In my opinion, one of the best ways of getting storage auction information is to just take some time to call all of the storage facilities within your immediate area and ask them to put you on their call or email list. A little work now will pay off for years to come.

The newspapers are a great way to find public notices but it's a hassle to organize all of the information, dates, times, locations, etc. and, most larger cities have several local newspapers and it is difficult to subscribe to and read all of them every day. Plus, most of the auctions that are advertised in the larger newspapers are swarmed with new buyers due to the popularity of the new television shows Storage Wars & Auction Hunters.

There are usually several auctioneers, in most cities, that list upcoming storage auction events on their website. A couple of them will most likely handle the larger publicly traded facilities. You can find them by searching Google or Yahoo search for auctioneers in your area. Keep in mind, their websites only list the auctions that they are conducting.

There are several storage auction websites that you can get your information from., Auctionzip.com is okay, but since it is a national website it misses most of the storage auctions in every area. Also, there are several larger national national pay sites including storageauctionlist. They have a few more auctions listed than Auctionzip, but still neglect a majority of the auctions in most areas. These sites are basically reselling information you can get for free. Don't waste your money on them. If you are lucky enough to have a local website in your area that covers 100% of all auctions, that will be your best resource.

If you live in the greater Houston & surrounding areas, I recommend http://www.houstonstorageauctions.com/, it is the only website that is local and covers 100% of all storage auctions for this area. No other website covers more than half. What makes this this information source really different is that it lists over 400 auctions per month plus 30-50 auctions that are not advertised in any other online source.

Last edited by tclane on Apr 30th, '11, 18:53, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mar 12th, '11, 02:28 

Great info tclane...thanks.